Saturday, February 19, 2011

PLN #2

As I continue my research, I find myself supporting the participants of these extreme sports. I think this because first of all, I participate in some of the activities like snowboarding and windsurfing, and enjoy them. Second, I feel like if someone wanted to do something, as long as its an acceptable thing to do, they should be allowed to do it and no one should stop them. There is a high injury rate for some of these sports such as snowboarding, with an average of about 5 injuries per 1000 participants (http://www.ski-injury.com/specific-sports/snowboard-injuries), or BASE jumping with 39 injuries in 9914 which is very high(http://www.nzma.org.nz/journal/121-1277/3134/). I got injured snowboarding once, that was mainly because I did something stupid, so I still support this second reason. Third, they are part of our society,especially with skiing and snowboarding here in Colorado, and you can't just make people stop. All the people with equipment for their sport would have wasted money, employees would be out of work, and the manufacturers would also be out of work. these are some of the reasons why people should be involved with extreme spots or any other activities they want.

No comments:

Post a Comment